Sunday, April 7, 2013

Medifast Product Review: Beef Vegetable Stew


I have to admit, I was a bit scared ordering this soup. The reviews I'd found said it tasted/smelled like dog food, or that it was a slimy consistency. Then I came across a review of the stew who raved about how good it was, and how it tasted like the canned Dinty Moore Stew.

I decided to give it a shot, and I'm SO glad I did. I LOVED it. As usual, soaking the soup really helps the texture and flavor, but even prepared as the instructions state on the package, the soup is still really, really good.

Medifast Beef Vegetable Stew


Flavor: I absolutely agree that the flavor is reminiscent of Dinty Moore's Beef Stew. I did add a dash of salt to combat the sweetness from the veggies, and it made it taste exactly like the canned soup.

Texture: It's not as thick as Dinty Moore's Beef Stew, but it still had chunks of green beans, potatoes and beef.

Portion size:  Good size, filling.

Would I order it again: Yes. I really enjoyed this stew. And, while the picture makes it look thinner, on my last attempt at making the stew, it had a thicker texture like the Dinty Moore Beef Stew. I think I added too much water this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment