Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bunless Garden Burgers with Green Bean Fries

The family was having burgers. So this was my response to trying to eat the same meal as them. My son ended up devouring my green bean fries. I wasn't a fan, but he LOVED them. I ended up slicing up some cucumbers fry-style and dipping them in the Walden Farms' ranch. I figured I'd include the recipe for the green beans even though I wasn't a fan because my son loved them, which means other people might too. :)

Bunless Garden Burgers with Green Bean Fries




Green Bean fries:
1 cup green beans (2 green)
A few spritzes of PAM
Garlic powder 
Onion powder
Salt
Pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp Walden Farms Ranch (3/4 condiment)

Pre-heat oven to 425 degress. Spray a few spritzes of PAM on a foil-lined baking tray. Spread out green beans in a single layer. Lightly sprtiz the beans with PAM (a tiny covering). Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Personally I didn't count these as condiments since it was less than an 8th of a tsp each. But please use the spices at your discretion. Bake for 30 minutes or until aldente. I use this same method for roasting broccoli and asparagus, and they turn out wonderful!

Bunless Garden Burgers:

2 Garden Burger Patties (1 lean)
4 large iceberg lettuce leaves (1/2 green)
4 thin slices of roma tomato (1/2 green)
2 oz sliced dill pickles (optional snack)
2 tsp Walden Farms Chipotle Mayonaise (1/4 condiment)

Lay two lettuce leaves on top of each other in two piles. Cook the garden burgers as directed on the package. (I'm a sucker for the Morning Star Farms Gardenburger Grillers Original - but if you use the Boca, you still need to add 2 healthy fats, which you could use for your mayo or ranch for the fries. Your choice). Place a cooked garden burger patty on each lettuce "bun". Spread one teaspoon of the chipotle mayo on each burger and top with sliced tomato and pickles. Wrap the lettuce around the burger to form a pouch. 

Serve with green bean fries and ranch for dipping. (I used cucumber sticks as "fries". Yum)

You can use whatever lettuce you want, but I find I prefer the crunch that iceberg gives the bunless burgers. Butter lettuce is too limp for this purpose, IMO. I haven't tried it with romaine, but I imagine it would be good too! 

Note: the green calculations on this might be off depending on the size of your lettuce leaves. (If you know of a way to calculate cups with whole lettuce leaves, I'd love to know! I just estimated with mine!) 

Medifast calcs: 1 lean, 3 green, 1 condiment (or more, depending on if you choose to count your seasonings on the green beans), 1 optional snack (or less, depending on how much pickle you use). 

No comments:

Post a Comment