Friday, March 29, 2013

My Week in Review : Week 4

Total pounds lost: 20.8
Pounds lost this week: 1.7
Inches lost this week: 0 :(

I feel fantastic. It's crazy how in just four weeks, I've lost over 20 lbs. My energy is through the roof. My clothes are falling off. My husband can see a difference (even though I don't think I can). 

But the best part is my other numbers. The ones the scale doesn't see. My blood pressure and my glucose levels have been exceptional even after stopping my medications two weeks ago. This, alone, was my first goal when I started this weight loss journey. 

But I'm not done. I have a LONG way to go. I'll post a "before" picture soon, but it's a "before" picture from my heaviest weight, when I got married in 2003. Yeah, I was a fat bride. It didn't phase me then, but looking back (which was FIFTY pounds ago) I am horrified at what I did to my body, simply with poor food choices and being too busy to exercise. 

I started incorporating exercise back into my routine this week. Starting slow to make sure I don't burn myself out too fast or go into starvation mode. I'm guessing that's why I didn't see a big loss this week, because my body is freaking out going "NOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" LOL.

Thank you all for following along with me as I continue this journey to being healthy. 

**(Teensy update 3/31/13: I'm two days into week five, and I've already lost 3 lbs. bringing my total to 23.8 down!! But you'll see that update on my week 5 post. ;) )**

No comments:

Post a Comment