Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Crab, Spinach and Asparagus Quiche

Ahhh, quiche.

To be honest, I've never tasted one. Not because I didn't want to, eggs just don't agree with me. But for some reason, egg beaters don't bother me. So please forgive me if this recipe isn't like a real quiche. It was delicious and I devoured as much as I could (the entire recipe is ONE gigantic L&G serving!). I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I did!

Crab, Spinach and Asparagus Quiche



Ingredients:
1 cup Egg Beaters (1/2 lean)
3.5 oz lump crab meat (1/2 lean)
1/2 cup asparagus (1 green)
1/2 cup mushrooms (1 green)
1/2 cup sauteed spinach (1 green)
2 tsp olive oil (2 healthy fats)
1/4 tsp minced fresh garlic (1/2 condiment)
1 Tbsp fresh grated Parmesan (1 condiment)
1 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary (1/2 condiment)
Sprinkle of fresh grated nutmeg (less than 1/8th of a tsp/condiment)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a nonstick skillet, saute the asparagus, mushrooms, spinach and garlic with 2 tsp oil until the spinach is wilted and the asparagus is almost done.

In a small bowl, combine the Egg Beaters, crab meat, rosemary, and the sauteed veggies. Stir gently (avoid mixing too roughly, otherwise the crab meat will break apart).

Spray a glass pie pan with a spritz of PAM. Pour mixture gently into the prepared pie pan. Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese and finish with a little shaving of fresh nutmeg. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until set in the center.

Makes one serving.

Medifast calcs: 1 Lean, 3 Green, 2 Healthy Fats, 2 and a smidge more condiments


No comments:

Post a Comment