Monday, June 3, 2013

Cheesy BBQ Turkey Meatloaf

***Recipe approved by Nutrition Support 6/3/13***
Today I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. I've been making the same recipes over and over (because I love them). I realized that after almost four months, I needed to change things up a bit! I had just bought a package of 99% lean ground turkey and wanted to make something I could heat up straight from the microwave, since summer is such a crazy time around my house. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes came to mind! Here's my take on my favorite bbq meatloaf recipe that my grandmother handed down to me! 
I decided to throw these into individual containers so I can just grab one and stick it in the microwave. My apologies for the non-artistic pictures :) 


Ingredients:
20 oz 99% Lean ground turkey (2.25 lean)
2 tbsp Walden Farms Original BBQ Sauce (1 condiment)
1/2 c Egg Beaters (.25 lean)
6 oz (1 1/2 cups) shredded moderate fat cheese (1.5 lean)
1 Tbsp chopped onion (1 condiment)
1 clove of garlic, minced (1 condiment)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper (1 condiment)
1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley (1/4 condiment)
2 packages Medifast Garden Veggie Crackers, crushed (2 optional snacks)
1/4 cup Walden Farms Original BBQ Sauce (2 condiments)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Crush the crackers in the sealed packages, set aside. Combine the turkey, 2 tbsp bbq sauce, egg beaters, cheese, onion, garlic, pepper, parsley and crackers in a medium bowl until the mixture comes together. Press into a pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Brush with the remaining 1/4 cup of bbq sauce.  I used a 8x11 glass pan because I love lots of top with little "loaf".

Bake in pre-heated oven for 40-50 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees in the center. (Mine took 40 minutes and was 140 when I took it out. I undercooked a bit in order to avoid it being overcooked after re-heating)

Serves 4
Recipe: 4 lean, 6.25 condiments, 2 optional snacks
Per serving: 1 lean, 1.5 condiments, 1/2 optional snack

Serve with a side of Garlic Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower and 1/2 cup steamed green beans for a full L&G (Nutrition Support approved the combo for a full lean & green + 1/2 snack)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I was looking for a new way to make meatloaf and I love BBQ. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, but I think your cheese measurement is off. 6oz is not 1 1/2 C - it's 3/4C. Of course, I wish it were!

    ReplyDelete